To be one of the best Deposit Insurers in the World.
To protect depositors and contribute to the stability of the financial system through effective supervision of insured institutions, provision of financial/technical assistance to eligible insured institutions, prompt payment of guaranteed sums and orderly resolution of failed insured financial institutions.
The NDIC -Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation, is an independent agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria. The purpose of the deposit insurance system is to protect depositors and guarantee the settlement of insured funds when a deposit-taking financial institution can no longer repay their deposits, thereby helping to maintain financial system stability.
Core Values & Beliefs
To be effective in the discharge of its mandate, the Corporation is guided by the following core values and beliefs:
- Teamwork: We work together to achieve common goals.
- Respect & Fairness: We treat others like we would like to be treated.
- Integrity: We are committed to doing what is right and just at all times.
- Professionalism: We strive for excellence in all aspects of our work.
- Passion: We put passion into everything we do; it helps us to achieve more.