VERIFICATION AND PAYMENT OF INSURED DEPOSITS TO DEPOSITORS OF 7 MICROFINANCE BANKS
This is to notify the general public that Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) will commence the verification and payment of insured deposits from Monday, 2nd to Friday, 6th March, 2015 to the depositors of the underlisted Microfinance banks (MFBs) whose licenses were revoked by Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
Depositors are advised to go to the last known addresses of the closed banks as listed below:
S/NO BANK NAME ADDRESS STATE
- ECB MFB 3, STATION ROAD, EDE OSUN
- EDEN MFB (IKORODU BRANCH) 1, CAC ROAD, SURULERE HOUSE, 2ND FLOOR, BENSON B/STOP, IKORODU LAGOS
- FIRST GLOBAL MFB 60A, TRANS AMADI ROAD, PORT HARCOURT RIVERS
- LANDROCK MFB 14, DENNIS OSADEBEY WAY, ASABA DELTA
- NEW IMAGE MFB POST OFFICE BUILDING, ODEDA OGUN
- THINK MFB RALPH SHODEINDE STREET, OPP FED. MINISTRY OF FINANCE, CBD, ABUJA FCT
- UNIQUE MFB UMUAKA YOUTH CRUSADE CIVIC HALL BUILDING, AFOR, UMUAKA IMO
Depositors are required to come with evidence of account ownership such as passbook, cheque book etc. Personal Identification documents such as Drivers’ License, National Identity Card or Voters Cards would also be required. Depositors not having valid identification should obtain introduction letters with their photographs affixed from the Traditional Ruler of their Town or Local Government Chairman.
Depositors are also expected to bring along details of alternate bank account operated by them in any of the living banks. Depositors without alternate bank accounts are encouraged to open one, to which payment can be made. Representatives of depositors must come with appropriate Letter of Authority.
The arrangement for verification and payment to depositors of other closed MFBs not stated above will be announced by the Corporation as soon as all necessary liquidation procedures are concluded. We regret the inconveniences this may cause the depositors of the affected banks.
For further information on the above advert, please contact the undersigned.
Claims Resolution Department
NECOM House (10th Floor)
15, Marina, Lagos.
Telephone: 01-7736588, 01-2917319
NDIC……Protecting Your Bank Deposits